Jalapeño Garlic Pork Shoulder
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 or 2 large
- jalapeño peppers, stems removed
- 4 clove
- 1 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 1/2 lb
- boneless pork shoulder (or pork butt)
How to Make Jalapeño Garlic Pork Shoulder
- 1Combine jalapeños, garlic, salt, pepper, and vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until jalapeños and garlic are finely diced. Transfer to a large bowl (big enough to hold the roast), and stir in olive oil
- 2With a knife score shallow cuts over the surface of the pork roast. Place pork in the marinade, and turn to coat evenly with marinade. Cover, and refrigerate 6 hours (over overnight).
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Place pork in a baking dish, and pour the excess marinade over the top of the roast. Bake, uncovered, for 3 hours or until a thermometer inserted in center reaches 160°F.
- 5Remove baking dish from oven, and let the pork rest 10 minutes before slicing or shredding.