DIXIE BOILED DINNER - SLOW COOKED
1 largesmoked pork butt roast (fully cooked)
1 mediumsweet onion, halved or quartered
6 - 8 mediumpotatoes, peeled (see *note)
1 smallcabbage head or 1/2 large
2 or more cbaby carrots or peeled carrots cut into 2-3 inch pieces
3 or 4bay leaves
How to Make DIXIE BOILED DINNER - SLOW COOKED
- *NOTE: All quantities are appproximate. The quantities of each vegetable you add will depend on the size of the roast, the size of your slow cooker and the number of servings desired. Be sure to purchase a roast that will fit in your slow cooker. This recipe may also be cooked, low and slow, in a large covered pot in the oven. DO NOT ADD ANY SALT to this recipe.
- Remove packaging from roast; place roast in slow cooker.
- Add vegetables; randomly slide bay leaves in between the vegetables; place lid on cooker.
- **TIP: If the lid of a slow cooker fits improperly, or seems seems "loose," cover the pot/insert, tightly, with foil after adding food, then set lid in place.
- Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Carefully remove vegetables and roast to serving platter (meat lifter forks work well!) Discard bay leaves. Ladle, or pour, the remaining juice into a gravy boat to drizzle over the meat and veggies. (Or just leave it in the pot and serve yourself family style! Less clean-up, lol!)
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.