Crockpot Beef Roast, Taders, Carrots, and Gravy
- 1 large
- beef chuck, boneless
- 1 small
- onions, small white (sliced in rings)
- balb garlic (roasted)
- 1 c
- sweet red wine
- 2 c
- beef broth
- spice rub ( salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery seed, about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 4 medium
- potatoes quarted
- 4 large
- carrots( cut in half and cut in half again)
- 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- broth from roast
How to Make Crockpot Beef Roast, Taders, Carrots, and Gravy
- 1In large pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Put spices in grinder and pulse, rub spices on both sides of roast, heat pan and brown roast on both sides. remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Put onion rings in pan let cook till transparent, add wine to pan and let boil to get crunches off bottom, add beef broth and cook another 5 minutes,
- 3Put beef roast in crockpot add roasted garlic pour mixture over cook on high for 1 hour then add potatoes and carrots, cook another 3 to 4 hours on high.
- 4Remove roast, potatoes and carrots leave on platter to rest covered.
- 5Pour broth from roast into large sauce pan put on stove on medium heat, mix flour and water to make a paste, when broth comes to a boil add paste whisking constantly so it doesn't get lumpy. serve