Country style ribs with bacon & onion
4-6country style ribs, boneless
1 mediumonion, sliced
1/4 ccoconut aminos (soy sauce)
1 cchicken or veggie broth
2 tspbrown sugar
·salt and pepper
How to Make Country style ribs with bacon & onion
- Cook bacon, set aside. Using the same pan and bacon drippings, saute onions over low heat for about 20-30 minutes, until caramelized.
- Add flour to coat onions, then add the broth. Saute for another few minutes, scraping up the brown bits. Transfer to crock pot.
- Break up bacon into pieces and add to crock pot.
Season meat with salt and pepper. Add meat to crock pot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut amnios and brown sugar. Pour sauce over meat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once done (the meat should fall apart), remove meat and place on a platter. Tent with foil. Transfer the remaining juice, onion and bacon into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. This will become your gravy. You may either pour over the ribs before serving, or let individuals pour themselves.