Baby Back Ribs - Instant Pot
There are so many things I want to cook in it and the winning choice for tonight was Baby Back Ribs !
So super simple and they turned out really tender and fall off the bone delicious.
We did put them under the broiler when they were done because we enjoy the caramelized BBQ sauce.
Next time we make them we will pop them onto the BBQ grill for crisping !
How to Make Baby Back Ribs - Instant Pot
- Cut the ribs into sections .. I did 3 or 4 bones per section.
Salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- I sprayed the inside of my pot with cooking spray simply because I am so used to spraying when using a sugary sauce due to it's admirable ability to stick and burn.
As it turned out I'm not so sure I needed to do that .. so you choose .. to spray or not to spray !
- Place the rack inside the instant pot.
Lay the ribs on top of the rack.
I just laid them kind of sprawled out and overlapping each other.
- Pour half of the sauce over the ribs.
Grab each section of ribs and roll them over in the sauce.
Add about 1/3 cup of water to the bottom of the pot.
- Set the control panel to pressure cook .. set the timer for 22 minutes.
Place the lid on and lock in place.
Be sure the vent is moved to the seal position.
- Walk away and let it do it's thing.l
- When the 22 minutes is up .. leave everything alone for 12 minutes.
After that 12 minutes is up, turn the valve to release and when it's done open the lid.
- At this point you can either serve them as they are .. or you can do as we did and pop them under the broiler for a couple of minutes to caramelize that delicious sauce.
- You will have diluted sauce in the bottom of the pot and I suggest using that to baste those ribs while they are under the broiler.
If you prefer you can use some of the leftover sauce that you made.
- Serve hot with copious amounts of napkins and wet wipes!