*You can also make this vegetarian if you 86 the sausage*
1red onion, sliced into rings
4-6sausage links (i use hot)
3garlic cloves, pressed or diced
2 Tbsponion powder
1/2 tspdry mustard
1 tspcrushed red pepper
2 Tbspseasoning salt
How to Make Zucchini Boats
- Cut the zucchinis down the middle (the long way) and scoop out about 2/3 of the meat. This should create the "boat" so that future ingredients will be cradled in the zucchini. Put all parts of the zucchini aside.
- Cook the sausage until 3/4 of the way done and then remove from heat into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the sausage, red pepper, yellow pepper, yellow squash and tomatoes with the dry ingredients.
- Take the zucchini that you scooped out of the "boat" and mix with the garlic. (Keep this seperate from the sausage.)
- Place some croutons into the shell and then scoop some of the sausage mix on top of the croutons.
- Then put some of the zucchini and garlic mix on top of that, followed with some more croutons.
- The last thing to go on would be the slices of onion. Using a sheet of foil, spray it with non-stick vegetable spray and wrap it around the zucchini.
- Set on the grill, not on direct flame or heat.
Cook until tender.