Zesty Sausage Breakfast Frittata
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Easy to throw together, your family is going to love this breakfast recipe. It would be great for dinner or brunch too. The eggs are soft and cheesy. Green chilis add a bit of zest to the frittata. If you want more zip, add a few shakes of hot sauce. Yummy! The Test Kitchen
- 1 lb
- roll Jimmy Dean maple sausage (or sausage of your choice)
- 1/2 small
- vidalia onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can(s)
- diced green chilies, 3 oz.
- 6 large
- 1/4 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c
- shredded quesadilla blend cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Zesty Sausage Breakfast Frittata
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In an ovenproof skillet (I used my medium sized cast iron skillet) cook and chop the breakfast sausage until browned and in small pieces.
*** NOTE: Jimmy Dean sausage is very lean and has almost no fat that cooks out. If using a different brand or type of sausage, you may need to drain excess fat, at this point. ***
- 4In a large bowl, crack the 6 eggs; add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until well blended. Add the cheddar and 1/4 cup of the quesadilla blend cheese; stir to combine.
*** NOTE: I personally did not add any salt, as the cheese and sausage have plenty, but did add a generous amount of fresh ground pepper. ***