X-Mas Glazed Ham with Dijon-Pineapple Sauce
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
- 1 c
- dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c
- maple-flavored or pancake syrup
- 1/4 c
- grey poupon dijon mustard
- ham, fully cooked & boneless
- cloves, whole
- maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- pineapples, crushed in juice & undrained
How to Make X-Mas Glazed Ham with Dijon-Pineapple Sauce
- 1Heat oven to 350F.
- 2Then mix sugar, syrup & mustard until well blended. Using a paring knife to make shallow even diagonal cuts across top of ham in 1 direction. Repeat making slits in opposite to form diamond shapes.
- 3Then insert cloves where the cuts meet. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Place cherries,cut-sides down on surface of the ham.
- 4bake the ham for about 2 hours or until ham is heated through. Make sure to brush occasionlly with 1/2 cup syrup mixture after 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 5About 10 mins before ham is done, mix the remaining mixture with the cornstarch & pineapples in a sacue pan & bring to a boil on mediu-high heat. make sure to stir constantly. Cook & stir on medium-low heat for about another 5 mins or until thickened.
- 6Then slice ham & serve with the sauce.