X-Mas Glazed Ham with Dijon-Pineapple Sauce
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
1 cdark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cmaple-flavored or pancake syrup
1/4 cgrey poupon dijon mustard
1ham, fully cooked & boneless
12maraschino cherries, halved
1 can(s)pineapples, crushed in juice & undrained
How to Make X-Mas Glazed Ham with Dijon-Pineapple Sauce
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Then mix sugar, syrup & mustard until well blended. Using a paring knife to make shallow even diagonal cuts across top of ham in 1 direction. Repeat making slits in opposite to form diamond shapes.
- Then insert cloves where the cuts meet. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Place cherries,cut-sides down on surface of the ham.
- bake the ham for about 2 hours or until ham is heated through. Make sure to brush occasionlly with 1/2 cup syrup mixture after 1-1 1/2 hours.
- About 10 mins before ham is done, mix the remaining mixture with the cornstarch & pineapples in a sacue pan & bring to a boil on mediu-high heat. make sure to stir constantly. Cook & stir on medium-low heat for about another 5 mins or until thickened.
- Then slice ham & serve with the sauce.