Wined and Brined Pork Loin
1 ccoarse sea salt or kosher salt
1 bottledry white wine
8fresh sage leaves
4fresh rosemary springs
1 tspjuniper berries
1 tspblack peppercorns, whole
How to Make Wined and Brined Pork Loin
- Combine 1 quart water and all other ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Boil until salt is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add cold water. Allow to return to room temperature. Do NOT move on to step 4 until water has thoroughly cooled.
- Immerse pork loin in brine making sure loin is completely covered. Weigh down with a plate if necessary.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 days. Remove loin from brine, rinse, pat dry and let set out at room temperature for at least one hour before cooking as desired.