TUSCAN WHITE BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP--BONNIE'S
Photo is my own. Recipe from the internet by Chef Mike Monohan
- package mild italian sausage, casings removed
- cup matchstick carrots, diced fine
- bag pre-washed fresh spinach
- zuchinni sliced
- onion, diced
- cloves of garlic, minced
- teaspoons of beef granules
- jar classico italian sausage with peppers and onions sauce
- cup chardonay wine
- cup cooked ditalini noodles, or other small pasta
- cups of water
- cans 15 ounce cannelini or any white beans, rinsed and drained
- tablespoon olive oil
How to Make TUSCAN WHITE BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP--BONNIE'S
- 1Put a small sauce pan on to boil water for the pasta. Add 2/3 cup to the boiling water. When it is done, drain and set aside.
- 2Remove the sausage from the casings. Cut each sausage into one-inch pieces. Take each piece and roll into a meat ball.
- 3Heat a large soup pot over medium heat for one minute, add the sausage balls and brown them. Remove and set aside. Saute the carrots in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft, add the onions and garlic, cook two minutes, add the zuchinni, cook 1 minute more.
- 4Add 4 cups of water to the pot. Add 5 teaspoons of beef granules to the last cup of water, stir to mix well and pour in the pot, stir gently.
- 5Let soup simmer on low for 10 minutes. Add the pasta, the Classico pasta sauce, the wine and the whole bag of washed spinach. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the beans and cook 5 minutes more, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with crusty Italian Bread. Bon Appetite! Enjoy!
- 7Cook's Tip: Salt and pepper to taste at the table. Hot sauce if desired. Ham may be substituted (1 cup) for the sausage, but we prefer the meatballs of sausage.