TUSCAN WHITE BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP--BONNIE'S
Photo is my own. Recipe from the internet by Chef Mike Monohan
1package mild italian sausage, casings removed
1cup matchstick carrots, diced fine
1bag pre-washed fresh spinach
2cloves of garlic, minced
5teaspoons of beef granules
1jar classico italian sausage with peppers and onions sauce
1/2cup chardonay wine
1cup cooked ditalini noodles, or other small pasta
5cups of water
2cans 15 ounce cannelini or any white beans, rinsed and drained
1tablespoon olive oil
How to Make TUSCAN WHITE BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP--BONNIE'S
- Put a small sauce pan on to boil water for the pasta. Add 2/3 cup to the boiling water. When it is done, drain and set aside.
- Remove the sausage from the casings. Cut each sausage into one-inch pieces. Take each piece and roll into a meat ball.
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat for one minute, add the sausage balls and brown them. Remove and set aside. Saute the carrots in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft, add the onions and garlic, cook two minutes, add the zuchinni, cook 1 minute more.
- Add 4 cups of water to the pot. Add 5 teaspoons of beef granules to the last cup of water, stir to mix well and pour in the pot, stir gently.
- Let soup simmer on low for 10 minutes. Add the pasta, the Classico pasta sauce, the wine and the whole bag of washed spinach. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook 5 minutes more, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with crusty Italian Bread. Bon Appetite! Enjoy!
- Cook's Tip: Salt and pepper to taste at the table. Hot sauce if desired. Ham may be substituted (1 cup) for the sausage, but we prefer the meatballs of sausage.