Turkey Burger with Green Apple
Blue Ribbon Recipe
All I can say is yum! The smell of the maple syrup while grilling made my taste buds water. The burger is so juicy thanks to the addition of shredded apples. We did top ours with a bit of the mayo/Dijon mustard/maple syrup mixture and highly recommend you do too. The melted brie tops the burger perfectly! The Test Kitchen
10small water rolls (bakery)
1 lbground turkey
1 lbground pork
1granny smith apple
2 Tbspmaple syrup or honey
1 TbspGrill Mates smokehouse maple seasoning
5 Tbspbutter, cut into small cubes
1 pkgbrie cheese, sliced into 10 pieces
How to Make Turkey Burger with Green Apple
- Peel and shred/grate apple. Combine with ground pork, turkey, maple syrup, cubed butter, seasoning, salt, and pepper. Form into ten mini patty burgers.
- Grill till desired doneness - last minute top with brie cheese and melt slighty.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomato or avocado.
- The first time I made this I did not top the burger with any condiments. You could mix a little mayo, Dijon mustard, and maple syrup together and top with that.
- ***note - take the rind off of the brie cheese.