Transylvania Pork Schnitzel
The Transylvania Club of Kitchener Ontario claims their secret is the mixture of day old bread crumbs purchased at local bakeries , from croissants to rye bread.
This recipe is from the "Company's Coming Cookbook, Cooking at Home" by Jean Pare. I serve my schnitzels with mashed potatoes, green beans or petite peas.
·6 boneless pork loin chop, about 1 3//4 lbs.
·1/3 cups all-purpose flour
·1/4 tsp garlic powder
·1/4 tsp paprika
·1/4 tsp onion powder
·3 large eggs fork beaten
·1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
·6 tbsp cooking oil
·fresh dill, capers, and lemon wedge for garnish
How to Make Transylvania Pork Schnitzel
- Pound chops with mallet or rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine next four (4) ingredients in a small cup.
- Place flour mixture, egg and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Dredge chops in flour, dip into egg, coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of cooking oil per chop in a large frying pan on medium high heat.
- Cook chops four (4) minutes per side until browned. Repeat with remainder of cooki8ng oil and chops
- garnish with three (3) remaining ingredients
- Serves 6