Transylvania Pork Schnitzel
The Transylvania Club of Kitchener Ontario claims their secret is the mixture of day old bread crumbs purchased at local bakeries , from croissants to rye bread.
This recipe is from the "Company's Coming Cookbook, Cooking at Home" by Jean Pare. I serve my schnitzels with mashed potatoes, green beans or petite peas.
- 6 boneless pork loin chop, about 1 3//4 lbs.
- salt, sprinkle
- pepper, sprinkle
- 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 3 large eggs fork beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 6 tbsp cooking oil
- fresh dill, capers, and lemon wedge for garnish
How to Make Transylvania Pork Schnitzel
- 1Pound chops with mallet or rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Combine next four (4) ingredients in a small cup.
- 3Place flour mixture, egg and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- 4Dredge chops in flour, dip into egg, coat with bread crumbs.
- 5Heat 1 Tbsp of cooking oil per chop in a large frying pan on medium high heat.
- 6Cook chops four (4) minutes per side until browned. Repeat with remainder of cooki8ng oil and chops
- 7garnish with three (3) remaining ingredients
- 8Serves 6