Thanksgiving Leftover HAM POCKETS :)
- 3 1/2 c
- a.p or bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/3 c
- warm water 110 - 115 degree
- package fast rise yeast
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 c
- mayo (i use duke's i always say start with a good mayo as a base and you won't go wrong) :)
- 3 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- horseradish (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- diced ham or turkey
- finely diced yellow pepper or any color you like
- finely diced onion
- sliced cheese of your choice (or shreds i have used both!!)
- sauce from recipe above or what you like
1 DOUGH RECIPE (I USE MY GO TO PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE) OR YOU CAN USE PRE-PACKAGE CRUST JUST FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND ADD 1/4 CUP A.P FLOUR TO IT TO MAKE IT STIFFER. OR THE REFRIDGE CRUST IN THE TUBE.
GO TO DOUGH RECIPE (BASIC PIZZA DOUGH)
I HAVE MADE THESE FOR BREAKFAST WITH SCRAMBLED EGGS ADDED TO THEM AND THEY ARE AWESOME LIKE THAT AS WELL!! YUM!
How to Make Thanksgiving Leftover HAM POCKETS :)
- 1TO MAKE DOUGH:
- 2Mix water and yeast together and let bloom this will take from 5 to 10 minutes
- 3In a stand mixer bowl mix flour, salt and Italian seasoning (if using) together and add yeast after it has bloomed. After you pour the yeast and water mixture in before you stir it add the olive oil into to liquid in the bowl this keeps it from clumping into the flour. Attach dough hook and set on 2 speed and let work for 5 mins. Dough will be slightly sticky but will pull off clean from your hands.
- 5Add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. Set aside until needed.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degree and prepare a baking sheet to bake your pockets on by lightly spraying with cooking spray or lightly brushing with oil.
Split dough in half, cover half not being used, and roll one half into a thin rectangle roughly 12x15. Cut into 6 equal smaller rectangles you will get at least 4 I go for 6 though. Leave second part of dough covered while you fill the first half
- 8Spread as much or as little of the sauce on each piece of dough. Add onion and pepper.
- 9Add diced or shredded ham and top with cheese.
- 10Fold what will be the top and bottom of the pocket up and over filling about 1 inch. Now fold sides to middle of the pocket pinch the seam well it should look like a packet. Place seam side down on a baking sheet and continue until the first batch of dough is done.
- 11Take second batch of dough and work it just like the first batch.
- 12Place all pockets on prepared baking pan and score with 3 small slits to let the steam release during cooking
- 13Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden on top and heated through.