Tex-Mex Salisbury Steak
1 lbground round
1/2 lbhot or mild pork sausage
1 smallonion, chopped
1/2 cbread crumbs, dry
1/4 cmild salsa
2 Tbsptaco seasoning mix
2 Tbspcilantro, fresh divided
1 pkg(2.64-ounce) package country-style gravy mix
1 can(s)(14 1/2-ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
1 can(s)(10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained regular or mild
How to Make Tex-Mex Salisbury Steak
- Combine first 7 ingredients and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Shape mixture into 6 (1/3-inch-thick) patties.
- Heat a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes per side or until center is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet. Wipe pan clean.
- Whisk together gravy mix, broth, tomatoes with chiles, and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thickened. Return patties to skillet, and cook until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.