Taters and Sausage Bake
I always double this recipe. Leftovers, if any, are great for lunches the next day!
2 lbs.potatoes, peeled and cubed
3-4green onions, diced
2 clovesgarlic, minced (i always put extra in)
dasheach pepper and nutmeg
2 Tbspdried parsley flakes
1 lbsmoked sausage, sliced (kielbasa)
1/2 cdiced mozzarella cheese
2 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
1 tspdried thyme or sage
How to Make Taters and Sausage Bake
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender;drain and transfer to a mixing bowl;mash potatoes.
- Add onions, garlic, butter, milk, egg yolks, pepper and nutmeg; beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in parsley, sausage and cheeses.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake, uncovered, @ 400* for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.