TATER AND ONION PIE WITH HAM (BONNIE'S)
- **no crust is needed!
- pounds of red potatoes, sliced very thin
- medium onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste (go light on the pepper)
- teaspoons minced garlic
- cup of good grated cheddar cheese
- cup grated pepper jack
- cup heavy cream
- cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 or more
- slices of boiled deli ham, cut into one inch narrow strips.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 10 inch glass pie dish with Pam.
Scatter 2 teaspoons of garlic evenly on the bottom of a Pam sprayed pie dish. Put half of the sliced potatoes on top of the garlic, overlapping the slices. Add half of the onion slices. Add salt and pepper (go easy on the pepper) Add 1/2 of the ham. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and the pepper jack cheese over the onions evenly. Repeat the layer of garlic, potatoes, onions, salt, and pepper, and ham. Add the cream evenly over the top, and then add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese of choice, plus, the 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Cover the pie plate with foil. Bake 35 minutes, then remove foil and bake 35 minutes more until golden brown and the pie is set.
Lightly tent the pie for a few minutes and then cut into wedges to serve. Enjoy!