2 lbhamburger (use ground turkey or ground pork if you like)
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix (any variety)
2 pkgcorn bread mix (any variety)
1/2 - 1 cshredded cheese (any flavor - we prefer pepper jack)
How to Make Taco Joes
- Preheat oven to 400°. Make corbread mix to package directions, set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium high/high heat, brown and drain the meat.Make up the taco meat according to package directions.
- In a 13x9 well-greased pan, spread 1/2 cornbread mixture in bottom of pan.
- Spread meat mixture over cornbread mixture. Then drop spoonfuls of cornbread mixture on top of the taco meat. (it will spread as it cooks)
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake according to cornbread mix directions, approximately 30 minutes.