- 2 lb
- hamburger (use ground turkey or ground pork if you like)
- 2 pkg
- taco seasoning mix (any variety)
- 2 pkg
- corn bread mix (any variety)
- 1/2 - 1 c
- shredded cheese (any flavor - we prefer pepper jack)
How to Make Taco Joes
- 1Preheat oven to 400°. Make corbread mix to package directions, set aside.
- 2In a skillet, over medium high/high heat, brown and drain the meat.Make up the taco meat according to package directions.
- 3In a 13x9 well-greased pan, spread 1/2 cornbread mixture in bottom of pan.
- 4Spread meat mixture over cornbread mixture. Then drop spoonfuls of cornbread mixture on top of the taco meat. (it will spread as it cooks)
- 5Sprinkle cheese over top and bake according to cornbread mix directions, approximately 30 minutes.