Sweet Surprise Pork Chops
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/4 inch thick pork loin chops (2 1/4 lbs. total)
- 1 medium
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- ground pepper, to taste
How to Make Sweet Surprise Pork Chops
- 1Trim any fat from meat. Place pork chops in a plastic bag set into a deep bowl. In bowl, combine onion, soy sauce, oil, ketchup and garlic. Pour over pork chops in bag. Close bag. Marinate pork loin chops in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- 2Remove pork chops from marinade. Sprinkle with some pepper.
- 3Grill the marinated chops on grill rack of an uncovered grill over hot coals for 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- 4Stand the pork chops on end, bone side down. (To do this, you may use a metal skewer placed through the center of the chops while they are bone side down).Lower grill hood and cover directly over hot coals for 25 to 35 minutes or till juices run clear (a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the chops should read 160 degrees).