Sweet Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- 4 lb
- pork shoulder - boneless, trimmed
- 2 large
- onions - sliced
- 2 large
- cloves garlic - chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 c
- ginger ale soda
- 1 - 18 oz
- bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper
How to Make Sweet Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- 1Place half of the sliced onions and all the garlic, on the bottom of the crock pot.
- 2Season the pork on all sides with salt and pepper. Place it ontop of the onions in the crock pot.
- 3Add the other half of the sliced onions on top of the pork.
- 4Mix the ginger ale and liquid smoke together and pour over the pork. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Then turn the pork over and cook on high for another 3 hours.
- 5Then remove pork and drain off all the liquid from the crockpot, leaving the onions. Shred the pork and remove all the lumps of fat from the meat.
- 6Return the shredded pork to the crock pot with the onions. Stir in 18 oz. of barbecue sauce. Cook on high for 1 - 2 more hours.
- 7Serve warm on kaiser rolls.
- 8This pulled pork freezes very well and this recipe easily doubles!