Sweet Crock Pot Pulled Pork
4 lbpork shoulder - boneless, trimmed
2 largeonions - sliced
2 largecloves garlic - chopped
1/2 tspliquid smoke flavoring
1 cginger ale soda
1 - 18 ozbottle of Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
·salt and pepper
How to Make Sweet Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Place half of the sliced onions and all the garlic, on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season the pork on all sides with salt and pepper. Place it ontop of the onions in the crock pot.
- Add the other half of the sliced onions on top of the pork.
- Mix the ginger ale and liquid smoke together and pour over the pork. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Then turn the pork over and cook on high for another 3 hours.
- Then remove pork and drain off all the liquid from the crockpot, leaving the onions. Shred the pork and remove all the lumps of fat from the meat.
- Return the shredded pork to the crock pot with the onions. Stir in 18 oz. of barbecue sauce. Cook on high for 1 - 2 more hours.
- Serve warm on kaiser rolls.
- This pulled pork freezes very well and this recipe easily doubles!