Sweet and Sipcy Asian Ribs
- 1 c
- hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp
- freshly grated gingerroot
- 3 tsp
- chinese 5 spice powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1/4 c
- reduced sodium soy sauce
- garlic cloves, pressed
- racks of pork loin back ribs (2 or 2-1/2 pounds each)
- green onions, chopped
- toasted seasame seeds
How to Make Sweet and Sipcy Asian Ribs
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Mix hoisin sauce, ginger, 1 teaspoon chinese 5 spice & 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture until ribs are done.
- 2Combine broth, soy sauce and garlic in a roasting pan (with a lid). Remove membranes from ribs and cut between bones to separate ribs and cut each rack in half. Sprinkle meaty side of ribs with remaining chinese 5 spice. Arrange ribs in roasting pan and overlap as needed. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- 3Remove roasting pan from over, turn and baste ribs with remaining sauce and bake, covered, for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 4Remove ribs and arrange on platter. Sprinkle with seeds and onion.