SWEET ALE GLAZED HAM
- 7 to 8 lb
- bone-in ham half, spiral-cut, cooked, with honey glaze mix included
- 3/4 c
- brown ale, or porter beer
- 1 tsp
- mustard, grained
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make SWEET ALE GLAZED HAM
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham, face down, on rack in shallow baking pan. Cover pan tightly with foil.
Bake in heated oven for
1 3/4 – 2 1/2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion (not touching bone) registers 135 degrees F. (about 15-18 minutes per pound).
- 2Meanwhile, pour beer in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, until beer is reduced to 3 tablespoons, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in glaze mix, mustard and pepper.
- 3Remove ham from oven.
Increase oven heat to 425 degrees F.
Spread glaze mixture over ham.
Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes to set glaze until 140 degrees F.
Remove ham from oven and cool slightly.
Loosely cover with foil and refrigerate until serving time or up to 1 day in advance.