1 pkgkaiser rolls
8 ozbutter not margarine; i use land of lakes tub
1 1/2 lbshaved deli roast beef or deli ham
2 bunchgreen onion chopped just the green
1/4 cpoppy seeds
1 1/4 Tbspyellow mustard
8 slicecheese; i use muenster
How to Make Superbowl Sandwiches
- In small frying pan melt butter and mustard slowly until melted and blended.
Have all tin foil ready to wrap each roll in. 8 sheets for 8 buns..etc
- stir mixture to keep mustard from seperating and spoon mixture gernerously on top and bottom of halved kaiser rolls. Sprinkle poppyseed and green onions on top.
- Place a generous amount of deli meat on top and top with a slice of cheese.I use muenster cheese. Wrap in foil sheet.
- Place in preheated oven on 325 for 15 to 20 minutes and serve or refriderate until ready to pop in oven.
- For a group serve on platter and let company know which are ham and which are cheese by the difference in wrapping ends of foil or simply pop one or two in oven. Don't skip the last step. The toasted bun adhances the flavor of these sandwiches.