1 lbground beef
1 lbpork sausage
1green bell pepper, chopped
·salt and pepper
1 jar(s)14-ounce pizza sauce
1 tspItalian seasoning
1/2 tspdried basil
1loaf Italian bread
1 pkgsliced pepperoni
2 cmozzarella cheese
How to Make Super-size Stromboli Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fry ground beef, sausage, bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper until browned; drain well.
- Add pizza sauce, Italian seasoning and basil. Stir to coat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Split Italian bread in half lengthwise; place on large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
Place a layer of pepperoni on bottom half of bread.
- Add a layer of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the Mozzarella cheese.
- Place top half of bread on the layers.
- Wrap foil tightly round sandwich and bake 15 minutes.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve hot.