Stuffed Roast Loin of Pork
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion, finely chopped
- garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- ready-to-eat dried figs, finely chopped
- pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 oz
- flaked almonds, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh parsley
- egg yolk
- 2 1/4 lb
- boned loin of pork with the side flap attached
- salt, pepper, and paprika
How to Make Stuffed Roast Loin of Pork
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat 3 Tbsp of the oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic, and cook gently until softened. Remove the pan from the heat , and stir in the breadcrumbs, figs, olives, almonds, lemon juice, parsley, and egg yolk. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- 3Remove any string from the pork and unroll the belly flap, cutting away any excess fat or meat. Spread half the stuffing over the flat piece and roll it up, starting from the thick side. Tie the joint with string at intervals to hold it together.
- 4Pour the remaining oil into a small roasting pan and add the pork. Roast for 1 1/4 hours. Meanwhile form the remaining stuffing mixture into balls and add to the pan. Cook another 15-20 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- 5This dish is also delicious served with a light creamed gravy.