Stuffed Pork Loin
- 3-5 lb
- pork loin, boneless, trimmed
- 2 1/2 c
- bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 4-5 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- paprika, sweet mild
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 3 Tbsp
- water or as needed
- 1-2 tsp
- bell's seasoning for sprinkling on meat
- 1/2 medium
- red bell pepper, finely diced, optional
- 1/4 c
- celery diced and sauteed with onion, optional
How to Make Stuffed Pork Loin
- 1PREPARING THE MEAT:
Using a boning knife or a long, thin straight knife, cut the pork loin by holding the knife at an angle, and in a spiral fashion "unroll" the meat by slicing thinly lengthwise and continuously along the side.
You will be working your way to the center of the loin and will be cutting one continuous strip of meat until there is none left to cut. Cut as thinly as possible. If desired, use a meat pounder to make the resulting pork roll into a thinner slab.
When done, the result will be a thin, rectangular slab of pork which you will be able to fill with stuffing and roll up jelly-roll style.
Cooks Note: To make for slightly easier slicing, the tenderloin may be frozen for about 30 minutes prior to cutting.
- 2Wash the parsley well, pat dry and chop finely.
Saute chopped onion in butter 2 minutes, add garlic and saute 2 minutes more. Add parsley and leave for one more minute.
Stir in bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings, mixing well. Stir in enough water until it holds together.
Remove from heat and allow to cool 10-15 minutes.
- 3STUFF THE LOIN AND THEN ROAST:
Spray or rub both sides of the pork loin with a good quality olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, Bell's and paprika. If desired, season the inside of the roast with rosemary, basil and oregano.
Place the pork on a flat surface and pat the filling out spreading it over top (this will be the inside) of the entire surface of the pork.
Take one of the short ends and begin rolling this edge toward the center, a little bit at a time, continuing to roll up (jelly-roll style) until the pork loin is log shaped, with a stuffing spiral on each end. Tie with butcher's twine.
Set stuffed roast in a roasting pan and spray or brush the top with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika and other seasonings.
- 4Set in a 400° oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and roast until done, spraying every 30 minutes or so with olive oil spray. Internal temperature should read 165° when done. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.