★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pork loin, boneless, pounded to 1 inch thick
- 4 c
- toasted breadcubes, seasoned with thyme, salt and pepper
- 1/2 pkg
- bacon, cut into small pieces and browned
- celery stalk, diced
- 2 small
- onions, diced
- apples, granny smith, diced
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken stock, warmed
- 1 c
- white wine, dry
How to Make stuffed pork loin
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cook bacon until browned. Remove to dish. Use drippings to sautee onions, celery and apples until onions are softened and translucent. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon thyme.
- 3Combine onion mixture with toasted breadcubes and bacon and allow to cool.
- 4Once cooled gradually pour warmed chicken stock over bread mixture until moist, not soaked. Toss to combine.
- 5Place stuffing in center of pork loin and roll pork loin. Secure with butchers string. Season outside of pork loin with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 6Sear on med/high heat on all sides until browned. Deglaze pan with white wine. Cover and bake in oven until cooked through approx. 20 minutes.
- 7Allow to rest about 10 minutes once out of oven. To serve, slice in 1" thick slices and drizzle with pan juices.