Stuffed Pork Loin
8 ozpitted prunes
1/4 cbourbon or frozen (thawed) apple juice concentrate
1 largeonion, cut up
1apple (cored and chopped)
3 clovegarlic (chopped)
1 tspcrumbled thyme
1 cherb-seasoned stuffing mix
3 Tbsporange marmalade or apple jam
1/2 tspblack pepper
14 lb boneless center cut port loin (trimmed)
1/2 cthawed apple juice concentrate
How to Make Stuffed Pork Loin
- Place prunes and bourbon in a bowl and let soak for 1 hour.
- Saute onion, apple, garlic and thyme in butter in large skillet for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in prunes.
- Add stuffing mix, 2 Tbps. marmalade and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- Remove twine from pork roast and open. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the stuffing over the bottom part of the pork and then place the top on. Tie the roast with kitchen twine approx 1 inch apart. Secure the ends either with wooden skewers or by tieing the twine lengthwise, to prevent the stuffing from falling out. (NOTE: You'll probably have left over stuffing.)
- Place the roast, fat side up, in a large roasting pan. Pour remaining apple juice concentrate over roast and add a 1/4 C. water to pan.
- Roast at 375 degreees for approx 2 hours until 160 degrees.
- Baste occasionally with pan drippings and add extra water and apple juice concentrate to pan if necessary to prevent scorching.
- Let roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing into 1/2 - 1 inch slices.
- Skim fat off of pan drippings and make your usual gravy.