Stuffed Pork Loin
- 8 oz
- pitted prunes
- 1/4 c
- bourbon or frozen (thawed) apple juice concentrate
- 1 large
- onion, cut up
- apple (cored and chopped)
- 3 clove
- garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp
- crumbled thyme
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 Tbsp
- orange marmalade or apple jam
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- 4 lb boneless center cut port loin (trimmed)
- 1/2 c
- thawed apple juice concentrate
How to Make Stuffed Pork Loin
- 1Place prunes and bourbon in a bowl and let soak for 1 hour.
- 2Saute onion, apple, garlic and thyme in butter in large skillet for 3-5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in prunes.
- 4Add stuffing mix, 2 Tbps. marmalade and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- 5Remove twine from pork roast and open. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Pat the stuffing over the bottom part of the pork and then place the top on. Tie the roast with kitchen twine approx 1 inch apart. Secure the ends either with wooden skewers or by tieing the twine lengthwise, to prevent the stuffing from falling out. (NOTE: You'll probably have left over stuffing.)
- 7Place the roast, fat side up, in a large roasting pan. Pour remaining apple juice concentrate over roast and add a 1/4 C. water to pan.
- 8Roast at 375 degreees for approx 2 hours until 160 degrees.
- 9Baste occasionally with pan drippings and add extra water and apple juice concentrate to pan if necessary to prevent scorching.
- 10Let roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing into 1/2 - 1 inch slices.
- 11Skim fat off of pan drippings and make your usual gravy.