★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4-6 large
- pork chops, double-thick
- 1 pkg
- frozen spinach
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/3 c
- sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese (you can use low-fat)
- 4 oz
- goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil, extra virgin (for the pan)
How to Make Stuffed Pork chops
- 1Carefully cut pockets into the pork chops as deep and wide as you can.
- 2In a sauce pan over medium heat, add a splash of olive oil (just enough to coat the pan). To the heated olive oil add the garlic, saute for 30 seconds (be careful to not burn). Then add the drained spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Heat through for about 2-3 minutes.
- 3In a large mixing bowl add cheeses. Pour the hot spinach mixture over the cheeses and let sit for 2-3 minutes (this softens the cheeses and makes it easier to mix). Mix ingredients together until well blended.
- 4Take each chop and stuff as much stuffing in the pocket as you can without it spilling out. Take a toothpick and secure the opening shut (or as much as possible, I always over stuff mine)
- 5In the same sauce pan as you cooked the spinach, place a bit more olive oil, again just to coat the pan, and place the chops in the skillet, being careful to not crowd the pan.
- 6Cook the chops over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, and until browned. If the chops are browned but are not cooked completely through, you can microwave them for a few minutes to complete the cooking.