Stuffed Poblano Peppers
The original recipe has raisins and almonds, which sounds like it would work well in this recipe, but hubby won't eat.
I top half with pepperjack cheese for hubby and the other half with Cheddar for those with more tender tastebuds.
6fresh poblano peppers
2 cshredded cheese
1 lbpork roast
1 Tbspbeef bouillon
1 Tbspchicken bouillon
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 can(s)sliced olives
1sm can salsa verde sauce
1/4 csour cream
How to Make Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Place meat in a med. stockpot, cover with water. Add the bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers in half lengthwise, removing the seeds (and membranes if you wish cut the heat level). Place on a sheet pan, cut side down, and broil, on top rack, until the skin blisters. Set aside to cool.
- When pork is done cooking, remove from liquid and set aside to cool. When cooled cut into 1" cubes.
- Discard (or freeze) the liquid and dry pot with a paper towel. Add oil and heat on Med.
- Add onion and garlic to pot and saute until soft. Add the salsa and simmer for 5 min. Turn off the heat. Then add the cubed pork and olives.
- Lightly oil sheet pan and place peppers cut side up and fill with pork mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, mix salsa verde with the sour cream in a sm bowl.
- To serve, pour some salse verde sour cream on each pepper.