Stuffed Ham Steak with Sweet Potatoes
I was so happy to find this old cookbook and am just as happy to share some of the 1150 recipes with you! Some of them are.... well something I don't think most of us would want to eat - think offal - so I will stick with these short ones.
Have not tried this one yet. However, it is one that I find appealing!
See if it is something that your family might enjoy!
- 2 large
- ham steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 c
- soft bread crumbs
- 2 c
- raisins, chopped
- 1/2 c
- celery, diced
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 3 large
- sweet potatoes, chopped and cooked. drain and hold until time to add to hamsteaks.
How to Make Stuffed Ham Steak with Sweet Potatoes
- 1Combine crumbs, raisins,celery,sugar,dry mustard and melted butter to form stuffing. Add a little milk if not wet enough.
- 2Spread between ham slices and tie securely with kitchen twine. Stick a few cloves in the fat of ham. put into a baking dish and place in oven.*
* I would tent loosely with foil, add a 1/4 cup of water to keep meat moist. *
- 3Bake @ 325 D/F for 2 hours.
Thirty minuets before serving, add sweet potatoes to rolled ham steaks in pan and continue cooking.*
*probably would remove tent now to allow browning. Add more water if too dry. * Or you could use a little chicken broth!! Just trying to add "parts" I think this recipe did not provide.... :)