Spooktacular Chili...by Wendy the Witch
I am writting this up as a great Halloween idea! I know, wrong time of year, but seen idea on another site and just decided to incorporate my recipe, mine of course had more ingredients, but finding unusual creatures for the ingredients was half the fun! lol
When planning your Halloween Party, start the party off by making the chili, announce every ingredient! (Make sure to have all ingred cut up, minced and/or poured into bowls, so people (children) are intrigued by it)
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb
- ground goblin gizzards (ground venison or lean ground beef)
- 1/2-3/4 lb
- ground griffin (ground pork)
- 1 large
- eye of cyclops, chopped (onion)
- 2 - 3 c
- toenails of gnome (sliced celery)
- 8 oz
- forest fungus (fresh sliced mushrooms)
- eye of albino python, minced (garlic cloves)
- 28 oz
- blood of bat (v-8 juice)
- 28 oz
- blood of dragon (tomato sauce)
- 15 oz
- vampire flesh (diced tomato)
- 7 oz
- coagulated blood of werewolf (tomato paste)
- 2 Tbsp
- wasp, pureed (spicy brown mustard)
- 1 dash(es)
- powdered unicorn horn (allspice)
- 1 tsp
- centaur hair (dried oregano)
- 1 dash(es)
- *mermaid scales, crushed (red pepper flakes)
- 2 - 4 Tbsp
- phoniex beak, ground (chili powder)
- 1/4 c
- mucus of gargoyle (honey)
- 1 tsp
- dirt (course black pepper)
- 1 - 15 oz
- can of beetles (black beans)
- 2 - 15 oz
- can of grubs (northern bean)
- *ground eye of newt (salt) as needed
How to Make Spooktacular Chili...by Wendy the Witch
- 1Before Guests arrive, measure out all ingredients and have ready in bowls...if guests can't see the ingredients it add to the supense.
And remember to announce each ingredient as it goes into the pot. :o)
- 2Place a large 6-8 qt kettle, over medium high heat and when hot, add Gizzards and Griffin, fry and break up until meat almost done. Then add Cyclops and Gnome Toe Nails, continue to saute about 3-4 minutes then add Forest Fungus and Eye of Python, continue sauteeing with an occasional stir for about 4-5 minutes. Add in Bat Blood, Dragon Blood, Vampire Flesh and Coagulated Werewolf Blood. When warmed through add wasp, unicorn horn, centaur hair, scales, phoenix beak, mucus and dirt. Bring to a low boil and let simmer on low, maintaining a low boil, uncovered for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Go play a game or tell a ghost story at this point.
- 4Now add in beetles and grubs, allow to heat through. If you want, you can add more grubs than specified in recipe. (I ususally add 2 cans northern beans)
Add ground Eye of Newt if needed.
- 5*Adding salt to chili can be tricky...some chili powders come with salt in them and if you add more salt, it can become to salty. So at this point...taste and salt if needed.
*Chili amount varies too, depending on your brand and your personal likeness of it.
- 6*Of course adding more crushed red pepper flakes is an option...I just don't care for hot in my food. :o)
*Top with sour cream, cheddar cheese and sliced green onions if desired.
*My favorite way is to use those toppings and eat with scoops torilla chips...mmm