Spiral Sliced Smoked Baked Ham
This will help me remember! And maybe you, too!
How to Make Spiral Sliced Smoked Baked Ham
- 1When you buy a spiral ham that is fully cook, it can be eaten cold or hot, but I like it baked a little anyway!
To serve hot: Preheat oven to 325. Remove all packaging material from ham. Place ham into pan at least 1" deep.
- 2Add at least 1/2 cup water and it won't hurt to add a cup. Your preference!
Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 3Heat approximately 7 minutes per pound or to an internal temperature of 120 F. Do not overcook or your ham will dry out.
I think a glaze is important because it adds that little extra bit of zip! This one is my own creation, so the measurements are iffy!
- 5Start with a cup or so brown sugar. Add a big squirt of mustard, or 3ish TBS.
AND...a little bit of that can of crushed pineapple. Don't make it watery because you want it to stick to the ham. OR, you could use the pineapple rounds and use toothpicks to stick the toothpick to the ham and use a little of the juice with the brown sugar mixture. It's pretty that way, but it will be good whatever you do.
Apply it during the last 15 minutes of baking and take your foil off. Let it kind of get crusty.
OR this is a good one, too. 1 cup brown sugar, 3 TBS Dijon Mustard, 1/2 cup honey and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
Apply it the last 15 minutes, too!
- 6I think the main thing about the ham is the time you cook it - remember - for a pre-cooked ham..only 7 minutes for every pound! And LOW heat!
- 7CARVING INSTRUCTIONS:
For a half ham, lay ham on a cutting board or flat surface. using a small knife, cut front spiral section away from the bone. Proceed with remaining slices!