Spiced Blueberry & Wine Chops
4pork chops , boneless and thick
2 or so Tbsptagine seasoning mix (for rubbing chops )
4 Tbspspiced alaskan blueberry preserves ( you may use store bought blueberry preserves or jam)
1 1/2 cchicken stock (or equal parts water and boullion base)
1 1/2- 2 cwhite wine
1 Tbspbutter or margarine
How to Make Spiced Blueberry & Wine Chops
- Heat Olive oil and butter over medium high heat in a large non stick frying pan until melted and hot
- While pan preheats rub chops with enough tagine seasoning mix to cover each side of the pork chops
- Lower heat to Medium and Sear each side of the pork chops for about 2 minutes per side careful not to burn the chops or the seasonings
- Add wine , blueberry jam, water and/or base; simmer for 20 minutes until chops are tender and cooked through.
- Pull chops out of pan juices and set aside, allowing the meat to rest and the juices in the meat to redistribute DO NOT CUT CHOPS
- In a measuring cup combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup water or a little more if needed gradually whisk into the left over pan juices to make a nice sauce
- Once sauce thickens to desired consistency pour over chops and serve.
Great Served Over Jasmine Rice!