Spanish Pork Stew with Potatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1green bell pepper
1 lbpork shoulder butt
3garlic cloves, crushed
How to Make Spanish Pork Stew with Potatoes
- Cut pork into large chunks.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thick chunks.
- Seed, core, and thinly slice bell pepper.
- Brown pork in 2 tablespoons oil if desired.
- Layer ingredients in crockpot in order; cook until meat is tender, about 10 hours.
- Stovetop preparation: Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add pork and saute a few minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and saute well.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Add water, vinegar and bay leaf.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer until pork is almost tender, about 40 minutes.
- Stir in green pepper.
- Add potatoes around sides and simmer, covered, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Avoid stirring or overcooking potatoes.