Spanish Pork Stew with Potatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- pork shoulder butt
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 c
- bay leaf
- chopped onion
How to Make Spanish Pork Stew with Potatoes
- 1Cut pork into large chunks.
- 2Coarsely chop tomatoes.
- 3Peel potatoes and cut into thick chunks.
- 4Seed, core, and thinly slice bell pepper.
- 5Brown pork in 2 tablespoons oil if desired.
- 6Layer ingredients in crockpot in order; cook until meat is tender, about 10 hours.
- 7Stovetop preparation: Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat.
- 8Add pork and saute a few minutes, until lightly browned.
- 9Add garlic and saute well.
- 10Add onion and saute until tender.
- 11Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- 12Add water, vinegar and bay leaf.
- 13Salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Bring to boil.
- 15Cover and simmer until pork is almost tender, about 40 minutes.
- 16Stir in green pepper.
- 17Add potatoes around sides and simmer, covered, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 18Avoid stirring or overcooking potatoes.