It was a hit with my family, hope it will be with yours too!
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground ginger
1/2 tspground nutmeg
1 cpure maple syrup
5 Tbspunsalted butter, divided
1 can(s)original spam,
·cut into 1" cubes
3 cpeeled, cored & sliced apples (can use canned or frozen, but not pie filling)
·sliced 1/4" thick rings
1 pkgpillsbury hungry jack biscuits
How to Make Spamapple Casserole
- Combine cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and maple syrup in small pan. Using a whisk, stir constantly over low temperature, just until mixture starts to simmer. Set aside to cool.
- In medium skillet, melt 4 Tblsp. butter and add cubed Spam. Cook over medium heat until cubes are light, golden brown, stirring them around with wooden spoon or spatula. Remove from skillet & drain on a paper towel to eliminate any excess grease.
- Use remaining 1 Tblsp. butter to coat inside of 2.5 quart caserole.
- In prepared casserole, layer half the apples, half the onion slices, half the cubed Spam, then pour half the syrup mixture over. Repeat layers, ending with remaining syrup mixture.
- Cover casserole with lid or with aluminum foil (seal tight) and bake @ 375°F until apples and onions are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Open biscuits and separate; arrange over casserole, leaving a little space between each one.
- Bake, uncovered, @ 375°F for another 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are baked and light brown.