Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make SPAM MUSUBI
- While your rice is cooking, slice a can of spam into 8 pieces, set aside.
- In a large skillet pan, combine soy sauce, water, sugar, ginger and garlic.
- Place the slices of spam in the skillet pan with the sauce, cook the spam until it turns to a darker color, turning the spam several times.
- Remove from heat and place the spam in a container and pour the sauce in with the spam. Set aside.
- Cut your nori sheets in half and place it in a dry container.
- If you have a spam musubi maker, you will use now.
- Place a 1/2 sheet of nori on a clean surface, scoop about 3/4 of a cup of rice and pat it down, place a piece of spam down and then another scoop of rice. Place the top of the musubi maker and flatten the top evenly. Remove the musubi maker and fold the nori over the rice. Place the spam musubi, seam side down into a large container. The heat will seal the nori.
- You can eat it hot or cold, your preference.