Spaghetti Jambalaya / Pastalaya
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- chopped pork roast
- 1 lb
- smoked sausage
- 2 large
- sweet onions
- 1 large
- green bell pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic chopped
- 1 pkg
- tony chacheries creole seasoning
- garlic salt to taste
- celery stalks chopped
- cooking oil to brown meat
- chicken broth
How to Make Spaghetti Jambalaya / Pastalaya
- 1Cut pork and smoked sausage into bite size pieces. Season pork with Tony Chacheries Creole Seasoning.
- 2Add enough cooking Oil to bottom of large heavy pot to brown meat. When oil is hot add Chopped Pork. Stir pork occasionally as it browns.
- 3When pork is browned, drain off some of oil. Add chopped Smoked Sausage, brown.
- 4Chop both onions, celery, and bell peppers add to meat stir. Decrease heat to medium. Cover with heavy pot lid, stir occasionally will cooking. Continue to cook until onions turn clear and liquids cook out of onions and peppers. This is a slower process but well worth the wait for the flavor that is produced.
- 5Add garlic, garlic salt stir.
- 6Add enough chicken broth or beef broth to cover meat about 1 1/2 inches, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to allow water to be absorbed some and form a broth.
- 7Add Spaghetti noodles stir, cover and let noodles absorb all of the liquid. Stir occasionally.
- 8We always served this recipe with White beans and corn bread.
- 9To make original Jambalaya, substitute uncooked White Rice for the Spaghetti noodles.