Spaghetti Jambalaya / Pastalaya
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbchopped pork roast
1 lbsmoked sausage
2 largesweet onions
1 largegreen bell pepper
1 tspgarlic chopped
·tony chacheries creole seasoning
·garlic salt to taste
3celery stalks chopped
·cooking oil to brown meat
How to Make Spaghetti Jambalaya / Pastalaya
- Cut pork and smoked sausage into bite size pieces. Season pork with Tony Chacheries Creole Seasoning.
- Add enough cooking Oil to bottom of large heavy pot to brown meat. When oil is hot add Chopped Pork. Stir pork occasionally as it browns.
- When pork is browned, drain off some of oil. Add chopped Smoked Sausage, brown.
- Chop both onions, celery, and bell peppers add to meat stir. Decrease heat to medium. Cover with heavy pot lid, stir occasionally will cooking. Continue to cook until onions turn clear and liquids cook out of onions and peppers. This is a slower process but well worth the wait for the flavor that is produced.
- Add garlic, garlic salt stir.
- Add enough chicken broth or beef broth to cover meat about 1 1/2 inches, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to allow water to be absorbed some and form a broth.
- Add Spaghetti noodles stir, cover and let noodles absorb all of the liquid. Stir occasionally.
- We always served this recipe with White beans and corn bread.
- To make original Jambalaya, substitute uncooked White Rice for the Spaghetti noodles.