Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
I hope you like it!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Creamy, savory and super-satisfying everyone is sure to enjoy this dish. I used fettuccine when tasting this dish because that's what I had on hand. Everyone loved it! Grab a glass of wine and you have a perfect date night dinner! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
- 1Chop onion into small pieces and brown in olive oil and butter.
- 2Cut bacon into very small pieces, mix with the wine and onion and cook over slow heat for about 20 minutes. If it becomes too dry add either more wine or water.
- 3In the meantime cook spaghetti in the usual way.
(NOTE: this was done with regular spaghetti, but I prefer angel hair whenever I have the choice.)
- 4While the above items are cooking, break eggs into a large bowl with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and beat well.
- 5When the spaghetti is ready, drain and pour over eggs. Mix them well because the heat of the spaghetti is going to cook the eggs.
- 6Over this, pour the bacon mixture, and mix again. Serve.