☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- bone-in center-cut pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick (about 2 lb)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- mexican seasoning
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 can(s)
- (15 oz each) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
How to Make Southwest-Style Slow-Cooker Pork Chops
- 1Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoning. Cook pork chops in skillet 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- 2In 3- to 4 1/2- quart slow cooker, mix remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning, the salsa, corn and beans until well blended. Top with pork chops, overlapping as necessary, pressing gently into bean mixture.
- 3Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- 4Remove pork chops to serving platter. Cover to keep warm. With fork or potato masher, mash beans slightly until slightly thickened. Serve pork chops over beans. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.