Sour Cream and Sauerkraut Pork Chops
1 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 1/2 tsppaprika, sweet mild
2/3 csour cream
4pork loin chops, boneless
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/2 tspgarlic, minced
How to Make Sour Cream and Sauerkraut Pork Chops
- Melt half of butter with half of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions, and cook until soft and golden.
- In a bowl, stir together 1/2 teaspoon paprika, sauerkraut, onions, and sour cream.
Season pork chops with pepper, garlic salt, and 1 teaspoon paprika.
- Once onions are carmelized, add them to the sauerkraut mixture.
Pre-heat the broiler.
- In the same skillet add the rest of butter and olive oil; add the pork chops. Fry for 5-6 minutes on each side until pork is just about done.
- Transfer the chops to a broiling pan or cookie rack placed inside a jelly-roll pan. Heap sauerkraut and onion mixture over pork chops, and broil 3-4 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.