★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 can(s)
- campbell's cream mushroom/chicken soup
- 1 pkg
- brown mushroom gravy
- large onion
- large green pepper (red or whatever color)
- 1 tsp
- chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp
- seasoned salt (lawrys preferrably), black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Smothered Pork Chops w/Biscuits or Mashed Pota
- 1Cut the pepper and the onion up in stir fry style slithers. Put Tbsp/olive oil in your pan and add pepper and onion and garlic on medium heat...until vegetables are softened. Once softened remove them from the pan.
- 2Season your chops with season salt/black pepper/onion powder in the same pan. Sear the chops on both sides.
Once seared on both sides add the peppers,onions and the garlic back into the pan with the chops.
- 3Open a can of campbell's cream of mushroom/chicken soup in a bowl...add 1 can of water to the soup, add the package of mushroom gravy to that and the cayenne pepper. Stir together and pour into the pan with the chops..........There should be enough gravy to smother the chops in the gravy mix; (If notadd a little more water until this is accomplished) Let simmer for 1 hour
- 4At 15 minutes before the hour is up-bake biscuits in the oven. (Bisquick biscuits are great but so are pilsbury or hungry jack) Your choice. When the biscuits are done.....place a few (2 or 3) on your plate-open face side up. Place chop on top of bisquits and spoon some of the gravy/peppers and onions on top of that ......this dish goes great with mashed potatoes also-which you can substitute for biscuits. OR be daring and have all three!! :)