Smothered Pork Chops & Cabbage
8 cred cabbage, coarsely shredded
4 capples, chopped
2 cred onion, sliced
1.5 cchicken broth
1/4 cred wine vinegar or cider vinegar
2 tspgrated lemon peel
6pork rib or loin chops, 3/4" thick
1 ccranberry juice cocktail
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Smothered Pork Chops & Cabbage
- Cover and cook all ingredients except pork chops, cranberry juice and parsley in dutch oven over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Trim fat from pork.
- Stir cranberry juice into cabbage mixture; add pork.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve cabbage over pork chops.
- Sprinkle with parsley.