Smothered Pork Chops
4pork chops 3/4 inch thick, bone-in
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 Tbsponion powder
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1/4 colive oil
1 cchicken broth
·fresh flat leaf parsley chopped, for garnish
How to Make Smothered Pork Chops
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels Mix all the dry ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Coat the pork chops with the flour mixture.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in large saute pan.
- Add pork chops to hot oil and fry 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Add 2 T seasoned flour to pan. Mix up flour and fat. Mix in chicken broth and let it reduce and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Add buttermilk to pan. Return pork chops to pan covering with sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve pork chop with gravy and chopped parsley.