Sweet Pineapple Pulled Pork
I believe in seasoning as you go in layers, so even though not written into the recipe, you can always add a little more garlic or spices as you go along, including soy sauce.
It came out perfect the first time, and the Hawaiian sweet buns were so good to serve this on. Love this new recipe!!!
1small (appx. 2 lb) pork tenderloin
1 tspkosher salt
1 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
2 tspdried onion flakes
1 tspgarlic powder
3 tsplow sodium soy sauce
1/4 clight brown sugar
20 ozcan crushed pineapple with juice
1/2 bottleprepared sweet bbq sauce like sweet baby ray's honey bbq sauce
How to Make Sweet Pineapple Pulled Pork
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place the pork tenderloin in the bottom.
- Season top and bottom with seasonings, including dried onion flakes. Add soy sauce to top and top with half of the crushed pineapple, including juice, reserving the remainder in the refrigerator, covered, for the last hour of cook time.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours. If I'm home I cook on high for 30 minutes, turn over and cook on high another 30 minutes then turn on low for about 2-3 hours or more. When it's tender, I go ahead and shred and allow to continue to cook on very low heat.
- During the last hour of cooking time, add the remainder of the pineapple with juice and keep covered and keep cooking on low.
- Shred with two forks at the end of cooking time and add the bbq sauce. Mix well with fork. Cover and allow sauce to heat. Serve on buns. I use Hawaiian Sweet Buns-the best for this recipe.