Slow Cooker Savory Sauerkraut and Sausage
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 can(s)
- can of sauerkraut. i prefer sweet bavarian
- 1 medium
- apple peeled cored and chopped
- 1/4 c
- cup brown sugar ( more if not a sweet type of sauerkraut)
- 1/2 tsp
- teaspoon fennel seed and if your kraut has no caraway 1/2 teaspoon of that too
- package of low fat smoked sausage cut into 2 inch pieces
How to Make Slow Cooker Savory Sauerkraut and Sausage
- 1Put everything except the sausage together in a crockpot, stir well to mix. Then mix in the sausage.
- 2Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with spaeztle for a delicious German feast.
- 3This can also be made on top of the stove. You will have to add 1/4 cup water cover and simmer about 1 hour, stir frequently.