Slow Cooker Pork and Beef Roast
You can use any cut of the meats you wish . . . because it's being slow-cooked, you don't need the most expensive cuts to achieve a juicy, tender result.
Vegetables are up to you. I am sharing what I do, but there's no reason you can't use whatever you love!
You can certainly use just beef, just pork, or even chicken . . . it's a wonderful recipe that will make your mouth water at the scent of it cooking and satisfy your taste buds when you eat it!
- 3 lb
- beef roast
- 3 lb
- pork roast
- 1 lb
- carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (or use baby carrots)
- stalks celery, cut into chunks
- potatoes, washed, cut into chunks (peel if you wish)
- 8 oz
- fresh mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
- 3 medium
- onions, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 pkg
- onion soup mix
- 1 pkg
- brown gravy mix
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Slow Cooker Pork and Beef Roast
- 1Melt butter in the olive oil in a frying pan over medium to medium-high heat.
Cut your roasts in half so you have four chunks of meat.
Salt and pepper each chunk as you wish.
When the frying pan is hot, brown the meat on all sides. Set aside.
- 2Put your prepared vegetables in your slow cooker. Lay the browned meat on top. You DO NOT need to add water, as the meat and the vegetables create their own wonderful juice.
I used a 6-quart cooker, and it was quite full. If you have a smaller one, adjust your ingredients so it all fits.
Cook on high for 4-6 hours. If you are going to be gone much longer, you may want to use a lower setting--use what works for your slow cooker.
- 3When done to your liking, remove the meat and vegetables to a platter or bowl.
Put the onion soup mix and brown gravy mix in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the juices from the slow cooker, and warm on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, for at least one minute.
Depending how soon you plan to eat, you may want to cook the juices a bit longer in order to hydrate the onions from the onion soup mix. If you aren't eating right away, they will hydrate when you put them back in the slow cooker.
Return your meat and veggies to the slow cooker and pour the gravy over it.
- 4You have a wonderful-smelling and wonderful-tasting meal ready for your enjoyment!