Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
The next day I decided to make my own version of pulled pork sandwiches, but a diabetic friendly version.
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can have it both ways, diabetic or just plain old pulled pork sandwiches.
- 3-5 lb
- pork roast
- 1-2 can(s)
- diet root beer (regular root beer for non diabetics)
- 1 bottle
- barbecue sauce (for non diabetic version)
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
PULLED PORK - DIABETIC FRIENDLY- OR NOT!
How to Make Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
- 1Coat pork with fresh ground salt and pepper and rub it into the meat.
- 2Place pork in crock pot.
- 3Pour cans of root beer over pork, just until covered.
- 4Go about your daily business and at dinner time your pork will have a wonderful flavor and be falling apart.
- 5Take pork out of crock pot and shred it with two forks on a plate. Mix shredded pork back into the liquid.
- 6Drain liquid from pork and at this point you can either mix in your favorite bbq sauce or leave it as is.
- 7Place shredded pork onto buns and serve with your favorite garnishes.