- 1/2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- olive oil
- thick cut porchops on the bone
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- coriander powder
- salt and pepper
- cooking apples/ your favorite sliced into about 16 wedges
- 3/4 c
- dark rum
- 1/4 c
- spiced apple cider
2) In a deep oven-safe pan (or dutch oven) over high heat, warm butter and olive oil (to barely coat bottom of pan).
3) While pan is warming, prepare the pork chops: Wash and fully dry the meat. Coat evenly on both sides with cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Place meat in pan and sear both sides until thoroughly browned; about 4 minutes each side. This seals in the pork chop juices so you can continue the braising. Do not be afraid to really brown the chops.
4) Remove the pork chops from pan and reduce heat to medium. Deglaze by adding rum and scraping bits that have stuck to the pan up and into the rum. Add cider and apples. Braise the apple wedges in the juices until they are limp and have absorbed some juice; about 4 minutes.
5) Return pork chops to pan and move apples around the meat to cover sides and top (some may remain under the chops).
6) Cover pan and place in oven for 10-15 minutes until pork chops are juicy and liquid has reduced and holds a sweet, thick aroma. Serve with the apples covering the meat and the sauce all around.