Simple Sweet & Sour Pork
- lbs. boneless pork, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- red pepper, bite sized chunks
- green pepper, bite sized chunks
- onion, bite sized chunks
- 1/2 c
- white vinegar
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 4 tsp
- soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks (including juice, don't drain)
- salt & pepper
How to Make Simple Sweet & Sour Pork
- 1Melt 1 TB butter and sautee the onions & peppers sprinkled w/ a little salt about 10 mins.
- 2Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce & cornstarch together, then add to veggies in pan.
- 3Add the pineapple, including the chunks. Add some ground black pepper. Stir about 20 minutes over medium heat, until it gets a bit thickened.
- 4Brown the pork in 1 TB butter until it is nice & brown. I like to toss it in a little worcestershire and sprinkle w/ Chinese Five Spice.
- 5When pork is brown, add to the veggies & sauce and simmer about 30 minutes. Serve w/ rice.