Silver Bullet Braised Pork and Veggies
I think the next time I make this I will braise this dish in the oven. It will be great on a cold night. Serve this over rice, egg noodles, or potatoes. Enjoy!
2 lbcountry style pork ribs
1 can(s)or bottle coors light
2 cbeef broth
1 csliced carrot
1 cpotato, diced small
1 cfrozen peas
1 cbrussel sprouts, halved
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Silver Bullet Braised Pork and Veggies
- Cook bacon on low heat in a dutch oven until fat is rendered and bacon is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Turn up heat to medium high. Salt and pepper ribs generously, and in batches of 4 brown ribs on all sides. I had 8 ribs total so I did this process twice, remove and set aside with bacon.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add sliced onion, salt and pepper to taste, and a teaspoon of sugar. Cook until onions are golden in color - about 15 minutes
- Sprinkle cooked onions with flour and cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Add beer and beef broth, stirring to de-glaze the pot.
- You can choose to braise this in the oven - after the pan has been deglazed place ribs and bacon back in you dutch oven and place in the oven at 325 for about 2 1/2 hours covered. Add veggies after cooking for about an hour.